The most recent addition to the Theraclion portfolio is the SONOVEIN® device. SONOVEIN is based on unique echotherapy technology which combines focused ultrasound therapy (HIFU) with ultrasound monitoring.
This dual functionality provides an accurate, tailored and non-invasive outpatient treatment for varicose veins.
The main components for the SONOVEIN are:
●Viewing and treatment unit (VTU) ● Integrated ultrasound scanner ● Scanning arms and motors ● Skin contact and cooling system ● Patient movement detector
● Touch-screen user interface
SONOVEIN how it works
● The high-intensity ultrasound beam is focussed on the vein like through a magnifying glass.
● As the thermal energy is delivered, the vein shrinks and is sealed closed, similar to other endothermal methods – but non-invasively.
● The treatment along the vein is steered automatically via a touch screen monitor.
● An in-beam linear ultrasound probe allows visualization of the vein in real-time and insures optimal accuracy.
Click here to see the echotherapy animation for varicose veins.
SONOVEIN® is a class IIb medical device (according to Directive 93/42/EEC) designed and marketed by Theraclion. SONOVEIN® has received CE-mark for the coagulation of blood vessels in patients with superficial vein reflux – CE n° 2797.
They are regulated health products which bear the CE marking as required by law. Please read the user guide carefully.