Theraclion has used cutting-edge engineering techniques to develop the Echopulse® device. Echopulse® is based on unique echotherapy technology which combines focused ultrasound therapy (HIFU) with ultrasound monitoring.
This dual functionality provides an accurate, tailored and non-invasive outpatient treatment for breast fibroadenomas and benign thyroid nodules.
The main components of the Echopulse® device are:
● Viewing and treatment unit (VTU)
● Integrated ultrasound scanner
● Scanning arms and motors
● Skin contact and cooling system
● Patient movement detector
● Touch-screen user interface
A four-stage procedure
● Preparing the device
● Preparing and anaesthetising the patient
● Positioning the treatment probe in the area to be treated and viewing the target area
● Precise electronic adjustment to lock onto the electronic target
● Outlining the target area on the ultrasound image in real time
● Planning the treatment sites
ECHOPULSE® is a class IIb medical device (according to Directive 93/42/EEC) designed and marketed by Theraclion. ECHOPULSE® has received CE-mark for the ablation of benign thyroid nodules and breast fibroadenomas – CE n° 0120.
It is a regulated health product and, in accordance with the above Act, it bears the CE marking. Consult your health professional before any procedure. Not for Sale in the U.S.